2009年3月11日星期三

The Presetation

I did the presetation this monday. That was not a successful one I think. So I am thinking about the mistakes I did, and it may help you if you have a presetation.



First, use any facilities if available(slides, blackboard or anything you want to show). It will be very convenient and ensures that the presentation has a clear structure and something for your listeners to take away. By the way, we don't need too much details on the slides, the audience will have trouble reading the material if there are many words. some outlines include the key words is enough. Do not use the facilities that you are not sure whether they can work well, like what I did in the demon section, the laptop didn't do anything than I supposed.


secound, need to be very clear about how much time you have and stick to that time in preparing your presentation. It's very difficult to 'cut' a PowerPoint presentation at the event itself, so it's a great mistake to run out of time. In the presetation we will speak faster than normal. Before the presetaion I practised for many times, it cost almost 10 min each time. And in last presetaion on monday I used 7 min. Though I skipped the demon section which should cost 1 min, it still 2 min earlier.



Another thing is make appropriate use of pictures. It's a good idea to break up text with illustrations and it is true that a picture is worth a thousand words. I find this quite useful in the question section. To explain a question with a picture, would be easier than show the text.



The last thing is to practise in front of people. I did all the practice alone, and in the presetation, I found it is very different if there are some audiences in front of you. So do prectise with your friends, you will find better during the presetation.



I hope this will helpful, and if you have a presetation, good luck^^.

没有评论:

发表评论